Top Social

Nacho Family Mexican Restaurant




It’s not a sketchy gas station...it’s a restaurant.  I was easily fooled at first glance.  I’ve driven by Nacho Family Mexican Restaurant at least 100 times before realizing it was a restaurant.   The draw of the unattractive attached gas station is powerful; maybe that’s why Nacho’s went with the all yellow exterior.



Judgment comes easy upon arrival or discovery.  Once you get past the door, your senses are lifted; the flavorful light green walls mix with the earth-toned décor.  I felt like I walked into an avocado.  The aroma of spices and food seduce your hypothalamus.  Shortly after your senses acclimate, you find yourself a table. Ambience.



Within a minute or two a complementary appetizer of chips, salsa, and pico de gallo are served.  This is one of the customary services that I love.  In this age of “business first” customer service, most businesses have done away with the complimentary stuff or skimmed it at least.  This place made me feel welcome and thankful for my patronage.



I ordered a chicken Deluxe Burrito.  It’s a hefty 8x3 inches.  Atop, the burrito is fashioned in guacamole, sour cream, and fresh veggies.  It’s blanketed in a red sauce, sprinkled with shredded cheese, which reminded me of confetti on the dance floor of a salsa party.




A fiesta of flavor awaits.  Splitting the soft, fluffy armor of the burrito was no problem.  A shredded, lightly spiced meat and rice coalesced with the zest of the flavorful outside.  Past this level, I don’t remember much; I was lost in a euphoric trance.  I do remember bits and pieces, only because the server intervened often, offering me refills.




The burrito was fulfilling and when I got that check, I didn’t even question what I was paying for.  The complementary appetizer, great service, and nice atmosphere make the experience worth its value.  Hopefully this place has staying power; hopefully that messy gas station in front of it does not.

Hey...here's another blog talking about the same place!  Awesome!