Top Social

King Charley's Drive-In



Drive-in or drive-thru, inside of King Charley’s purple and gold bijou, is where you can find great food.  On the edge of the city and right off of Hwy 9, your destination awaits, where “fresh off the grill” burgers are known to be great. 





Visitors have many dining options, a popular one, is to drive-in and then out, for those on the run.  Most people drive-thru and then park, in the parking lot that’s there.  Some people make use of their shoes and walk-thru.  On most clear days you’ll find, that guests are out at the purple picnic tables on the lip of a tiny park.  As you wait or after you eat, it’s a nice place to dawdle in peace.



You won’t get overwhelmed with oil and grease, a service tradition of American dining, long accepted as customary.  If it’s cheese you want, it’s not spared here.  In every burger, each slice is perfectly placed, this ensures just enough gooey goodness and balance of taste.  The beefy patty is not cooked by a Pattie, it’s not crumbly or rubbery.  It doesn’t fall apart as clay would, it doesn’t bounce like a tire should.  The only thing that one can expect is a freshly cooked piece of meat complete between two buns and veggies to eat.



Aside from the burgers, I must describe, along with my burger, I ordered fried mushrooms and fries.  The fries were a pleasure to devour, they were lightly salted, crispy, and pleasant on the palate.  The breaded mushrooms were the most disappointing part of my meal, It’s only my opinion, and I’m not sure how others might feel.  Upon touch they felt crusty and firm, when eaten, they were soggy and dull.  But there is hope, there always is.  Go back to the drawing board, rework and revise, that fried mushroom item would be such a surprise.




Thank you for reading my review, I hope it has encouraged you find time to try something from King Charley’s menu.  Please excuse this deviation from my normally written style, I just read Dr. Seuss to my child, that’s my excuse and I’m sticking with it.