Top Social

Burger Barn



Jump on the Mountain Loop Scenic Byway and see where it takes you.  The back-roads of Snohomish County are known to zigzag drivers through small towns with big character.  These roads offer some of the most spectacular views in the state, thanks to the volcanic Glacier Peak.  Glacier Peak is one of the nations most dangerous volcanoes and steams approximately 20 miles from Darrington, a valley town nestled between a family of peaks and tons of outdoor fun.  Risking a volcanic eruption has never been so much fun and making a visit to this beautiful city is worth the ride.




Everything is smaller and slower here.  The mountains dwarf the architecture and the flat feel of the valley spreads out, creating property space for the small estates.  The roads are wide and the 1,000+ denizens can travel anywhere by foot. 



The one problem that I had here was cell phone service.  If your provider is AT&T, I recommend that you use navigation other than your phone. I had 30% reception with no access to data; internet service is limited out here.  Luckily for me, my dialed-in, Garmin GPS generated the information that I needed.

The Burger Barn is the best hamburger option in town.  Just like other small town eateries, their longevity depends on product quality and return tourism.  The Barn cooked up an exceptional meal, reasonably priced.  Guests have the options of dining-inside or outside and take-out.  If the weather is nice, dining outside is recommended.



I hear the milkshakes are good here, but my diet kept me from indulging.  Their burger choices varied from land mammals to sea creatures.  The salmon burger looked great, but I had to pass on that, because it sounded too healthy for a “country” place.  I ordered a regular hamburger for my daughter, a deluxe cheeseburger for me, and large fries with a side of ranch.








The hottest place in town, besides Mountain Loop Coffee, is Burger Barn.  I think it’ll be difficult leaving here dissatisfied.  It’s a great destination to stop for travelers or vacationers.  Don’t worry too much about the volcano or random lahars, those things dampen the moment, if you think about them.