Top Social

Funko Headquarters

Ten months in Georgia, away from our charming state and specifically Snohomish County was extremely taxing on my moral.  Yes, life in Georgia doesn’t match the raw, unrestrained natural beauty, or family friendly allure that our state offers.  We are in fact blessed to be living in a location that offers so much economic, social, and natural wealth beyond anything the east can imagine.  I love this place.
One of a few important events that I missed while deployed was the mid-2017 grand opening of the new Funko Headquarters in Everett, WA.  Now if you don’t know what Funko is, that’s fine, because you’ve been living out of the cool-loop and not everyone can be cool.  Funko primarily produces stationary and bobble-head vinyl popular-culture character figures, known as POP!.  These figures range from Darth Vader, Huckleberry Hound, and Batman (the POP! universe is much larger than the few named characters}.  They also produce popular-culture t-shirts, lanyards, cups, and flare to match your personality.  The figures can be found on the Funko’s site, Amazon, Walgreens, Target, comic book conventions, and wherever pop-culture items are sold.

Funko Headquarters with POP! icons lining the exterior.
I’m still fairly new to the POP! community.  I learned about Funko when I was deployed to Afghanistan in 2015-2016.  My boss at the time had a cool habit of buying POP! figures for his employees in an attempt to match their personality as he saw them.  He bought me the Black Knight from The Monty Python and The Holy Grail, because he said, “you don’t quit” and possibly because of my stubborn ways.  
Black Knight POP! from The Monty Python
I appreciated the gesture no matter the intention.  When he got me this character my curiosity led me to he back of the package, because I thought it to be interesting what region of our country would create such a cool and reasonably priced item, that’s where I saw Everett, WA and at that moment my love affair with Funko started.  I just love all things local and am proud of local business that make it big.  At that point I made it a goal of mine to visit their headquarters when I had the opportunity.
Entrance to Funko Headquarters
The City of Everett became an instant winner with Funko Headquarters opening there.  The shop immediately enhances the tourism appeal of the city, which surrounding shops and dinning can benefit from.  The headquarters itself offers 17,00 square feet of awe, sectioned, and themed from the Harry Potter to Batman to Star Wars.  One area of the store that I thought was a great addition and idea, was the section dedicated to customers building their own POP.  In this section people can choose from a Funko Freddy or monster head, mixing and matching an assortment of body parts, headgear, and accessories along the way.  It’s really a great way to get creative and enjoy the Funko experience.

Anime and geek section.  

Funko's original character section

The DC Funko experience.

Star Wars is always fun

Darth Vader calling out orders 

The POP! Factory.  Build your own POP.

Funko Freddy on the assembly line

Build your own POP

There are so many options at the POP! Factory

Funko Freddy head

Monster head


There are so many POPs and the Funko universe is impressively larger than the store, I think there is room for expansion.   It looks like people stay inside the store for about an hour and Funko needs to find a way to keep people inside longer, but how do they accomplish this?  I think this brand has an opportunity for building more, like a rollercoaster or two inside the store.  There is also potential for serving food, snacks, or drinks on the property.  They could just buy surrounding buildings and design a way to connect their main building to other buildings, each building having its own awesome theme.  The potential is limitless and I’m sure the brains at Funko have already thought of this.